Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

Our campaign participated in the Temple Terrace 4th of July Parade yesterday. We had about 10 volunteers walking with us in April Griffin T-shirts handing out treats to the parade watchers. Our vehicle was decorated in red, white, and blue with 4 foot by 8 foot April Griffin for School Board signs on both sides. After all the hard work of walking in the parade we were all treated to a barbecue by one of my supporters who is a Temple Terrace resident. We finished off the day with a great fireworks display put on by the city of Temple Terrace.

What a great day. I love the down home feel of the Temple Terrace Parade.

Thank you to all my supporters who came out to walk with me and Pat and Angie for the wonderful meal. I hope you all enjoyed the day as much as I did. Happy 4th of July!

No comments: